Monday, July 25, 2011

The Death Clubs

What a waste. With the death of Amy Winehouse, the list of prodigy musicians who died at 27 climbed by one more. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison. Drugs, alcohol, rock and roll! But have you heard 'Back in Black'! In my top 5, any day.

When I turned 30 I finally reached the age when Sylvia Plath had died. But the fact that she left her son, a mere toddler in the room, went to the kitchen and put her head in the gas oven, took away the legitimacy of a troubled poet dying young! My shock ultimately turned to conviction when that son grew up and killed himself. Imagine living with that picture in your mind!

Did you know Jesus was 33 when he died? That's how old I am now. And i can tell you lot of famous people died at 33. Sanjay Gandhi for one. Eva Peron. Eva Cassidy. John Belushi.

And Im still to reach Diana and Marilyn Monroe's infamous 36.

No comments:

Post a Comment